1. 43rd Command Safety Seminar of Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) was held on 12 March 2020 in ‘Falcon Hall’ Dhaka, organized by Directorate of Flight Safety, BAF. Command Safety Seminar is held once in a year. Over the period of time, safety seminars have played instrumental role for establishing a safety culture in BAF. 43rd Command Safety Seminar highlighted BAF safety performance by reviewing flying hours, accidents and incidents for the year 2019. It also featured sharing of knowledge, safety ideas and discussion by representatives from BAF.
2. Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Masihuzzaman Serniabat, BBP, OSP, ndu, psc graced the occasion as the Chairman. Principal Staff Officers, Air Officer Commanding of different BAF Bases, Directors of Air Headquarters, Officers and Airmen from different Bases/units attended the Seminar.
3. The seminar was divided into two sessions. Upon arrival of the Chairman, the 1st session started with the recitation from the holy Quran followed by opening address by Air Vice Marshal Shafiqul Alam, BBP, OSP, BSP, ndc, fawc, psc, Assistant Chief of Air Staff (Plans). Then, Director, Flight Safety gave a presentation on BAF Flight Safety issues and performance for the year 2019 through statistical representation and analysis of different occurrences. Air Officer Commanding of all BAF Bases apprised on various activities pertinent to flight safety and achievements for the year under review. The session ended with the presentation of keynote paper by Squadron Leader Abdullah Annoor on ‘Safety Management System on BAF Safety Performance’.
His presentation generated interest and quarries among the audience. The 2nd session involved review of the minutes of the last seminar, discussion on agenda items and open discussion.
4. Towards the end of the seminar Chief of the Air Staff (COAS) handed over the “Khademul Bashar Inter Sqn Flt Safety Trophy” to 1 Squadron BAF and “Inter Base Flt Safety Trophy” to BAF Base BASHAR for the year 2019 for their achievements in the field of flight safety. In his closing speech COAS expressed his deep gratitude to ‘The Father of the Nation’ Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman for materializing BAF as a modern air force. He also thanked Hon’ble Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for her contribution for the development of air force. He also expressed gratitude to BAF personnel who sacrificed their lives to bring this air force to present state. He asked all to observe one minute silence in the remembrance of the supreme sacrifice of Sqn Ldr Muhammad Anisur Rahman who lately embraced ‘Shahadat’ in an aircraft accident. He explained approaches to achieve best possible safety standard. He urged all to take preventive actions to reduce incidents. He also gave few health advices on COVID-19 pandemic situation. Finally, Chairman adjourned the seminar at 1540 hrs by expressing hope to achieve zero fatal accident scenarios with hard and sincere effort from all corners.
5. Opening Address by Assistant Chief of Air Staff (Plans) and the Closing Speech of COAS are available in the following links:
PHOTOS OF 43rd COMMAND SAFETY CONFERENCE